I am a single WOG...woman of God. And I mean "single" as in not married...yet. That is who I am for now. I now have a wonderful boyfriend and we are striving to be the couple God wants us to be and to do His will. God teaches me a lot thru my relationship and friendships. I hope you enjoy my stories.

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

I think I saw scrooge yesterday ....

So I am pretty sure I saw a real life Scrooge. The ironic thing is...I think he was mailing a Christmas card! I was at one of the drop boxes finishing my stamp placements... there was NO ONE around when I stopped to do this real fast. The out of no where... I hear this loud BANG of the drop box door opening and closing and I look up and there he was, Scrooge. This old white man with thin freely flowing white hair. He had a bit of a slouch. When I looked up and smiled as an apology for being in his way it was as if his eyes said "baaa humbug"! As he walked away back to his car in a rush I really did laugh in my truck and say I think that was Scrooge! I hope that by the time I reach his age I am not hardened by all the things that have become "Christmas". Thankfully I have a great family who during these holiday times enjoys each others company. Ever since I was little it hasn't been about the gifts. Sure, I looked forward to them! What kid doesn't! But if I didn't get something I had wanted...come Christmas morning I probably didn't even realize it! Christmas eve and Christmas Day are filled with so much family time and wonderful church services...that it helps keep the focus on the true meaning of Christmas. "Jesus is the reason for the season" ...I know its an old cliche...but it's the truth.

So as you are out shopping and buying gifts...remember they are only symbolic and a mere representation of the True gift of Christmas. Jesus, Gods only son given to save the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SWOG

I am a single WOG...woman of God. And I mean "single" as in not married...yet. That is who I am for now. I now have a wonderful boyfriend and we are striving to be the couple God wants us to be and to do His will. God teaches me a lot thru my relationship and friendships. I hope you enjoy my stories.

WHAT'S NEW TODAY...

    follow me on Twitter

    THIS 365 THING