I am a single WOG...woman of God. And I mean "single" as in not married...yet. That is who I am for now. I now have a wonderful boyfriend and we are striving to be the couple God wants us to be and to do His will. God teaches me a lot thru my relationship and friendships. I hope you enjoy my stories.

Friday, December 12, 2008

Kickapoo Ct.

Today at work one of the addresses that I had to put on a label had "Kickapoo Ct." for the street name. It reminded me of a friend who ...when something was gross would say "yuck-a-poo". It would always make me laugh! It didn't take long at all for me to find myself saying it too. This friend is older than me, very wise, and yet...can still be silly and say a word like yuckapoo.

As easy as it sounds to say that we all should find a balance between seriousness and silliness...it is much harder than it sounds. I think children (as immature as they are) may often have a better grip on this concept than most adults. I think this is perhaps because they are ignorant of the world. They do not yet understand the obstacles and the demons that seem to be waiting in "Adulthood". The older I get the more I realize how different adulthood is from what we imagine it to be as a child. As a child we think of "adulthood" as this sort of dreamland where we can do whatever we want cause no one can boss us around anymore. It is this place of constant joy and endless possibilities. I do not know many adults who still have that outlook on life.

I wonder if this is why God wants us to have the faith of a child? So, that we can see the endless possibilities and allow ourselves to experience His constant joy.

(SIDENOTE: just for fun I thought I'd share...about 30 seconds after I posted this blog a line in the movie I'm watching was too fitting...from Finding Neverland "somewhere during the last 30 seconds, you've become a grownup."...made me giggle.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

SWOG

I am a single WOG...woman of God. And I mean "single" as in not married...yet. That is who I am for now. I now have a wonderful boyfriend and we are striving to be the couple God wants us to be and to do His will. God teaches me a lot thru my relationship and friendships. I hope you enjoy my stories.

WHAT'S NEW TODAY...

    follow me on Twitter

    THIS 365 THING