I am a single WOG...woman of God. And I mean "single" as in not married...yet. That is who I am for now. I now have a wonderful boyfriend and we are striving to be the couple God wants us to be and to do His will. God teaches me a lot thru my relationship and friendships. I hope you enjoy my stories.

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

TUESDAY TUNE...

So every week I remember on Wednesday that I want to do a Tuesday Tune... so this week I just decided I'm gonna post it and remember next week!!! :D

The song I picked this week is a song I used to make my friend Jill sing to me in college! She has an amazing voice and I would say "don't you want to sing me a song?" with a BIG cheesy grin oh my face and eventually she would give in and we would sit on the floor and she would pull out the guitar and for the next 4 minutes I would just drift off to that special deep place that music takes me. I was so blessed to not only have her friendship in college but also get to live with her for a semester! That was a trip! :D We now live in different states... but thank God for texting and facebook right? You know the kind of friend that leaves an impact on your life... says things to you that you never forget!? My Jill is one of those. I can still hear her voice in my head as I read the lyrics to this song.

Jeni Varnadeau, W. Denton, C. Garret
Matthew 13:44-46, Philippians 3:7-8,
Psalm 73:25

She was drawn by the melody
Sounding all through the city streets
Oh, it echoed, so lovely
She set her work aside
Left everything to find
The creator of songs
Who captured her heart
And brought her soul to life
Now there's nothing she wouldn't leave
Just to sit at His feet
And to listen all day
Chorus
And that's how it should be between you
And me
That I'd give all to be where you are
To enjoy and to adore you with all of my
Heart
I see smiles from those who are near to
You
I long for that same kind of peace
'Cause that's just how it should be between
You and me
He searched expectantly
In the sea of his dreams
Through his feelings and other swimming
Things
One day this fisherman found
The only pool of truth around
So he went away
Sold all he had
Just to buy this lake
Now he finds himself
At the edge of the bank
And he fishes all day

I've yet to buy the CD but plan on it when I finally get a job! Here is the link to the CD on amazon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

SWOG

I am a single WOG...woman of God. And I mean "single" as in not married...yet. That is who I am for now. I now have a wonderful boyfriend and we are striving to be the couple God wants us to be and to do His will. God teaches me a lot thru my relationship and friendships. I hope you enjoy my stories.

WHAT'S NEW TODAY...

    follow me on Twitter

    THIS 365 THING